A Well in the Desert
dBeauty lies in the eye of the beholder. If we are willing, we will find beauty everywhere. And it is most delightful where it comes unexpectedly.
Do not thank me for things that are of your own making. I only reflect what comes from you. But I must admit that your birds always receive a very warm welcome indeed.
I learned in this world and any other I have encountered, that it is a good thing to say thank you whenever someone does something that pleases me... and that it is a bad thing to lessen the gratefulness of the person saying thanks, because in diminishuing the worth of the reason behind the thanks, you diminuish the gift you gave...
It is rare to meet someone of this high spirit and courtesy.
I did by no means intend to diminish neither you nor your words so please take my apology.
To be honest, I might have underestimated the courtesy of the Sand Being. So far, I never met one of them like you.
I am not disappointed by your words... hearing them alone makes a noise inside me, that I would not want to miss any more, without minding the actual meaning of the words... minding this aspect as well makes a symphony sound inside of me.
My fellow sandmen... well, I have to admit that only too many of them seem to be rather... schall we say single-minded? The more I value your words, knowing that they mean ME and not a mere attribute like race or offspring...
Indeed, this words are meant for the admirer of beauty, not for a member of a race.
This noise you mention…to me, it feels like the soft breeze caressing the trees’ foliage, the sweet whisper of a slow running river. But I cannot say how sand feels.
Some time in the future I hope you will show me the beauty of forests and trees, which by now I find, but do not quite understand...
Well, after all, the sand we are made of is nothing but a collection of small cristals, and each of them can, as you may know, do only one thing, and that is swing... and what is music, what is sound, but air swinging? So our body, after all, is nothing but a musical instrument... but it takes the right person, with the right words, expressing the right thoughts, to make our crystals swing in tune... as you do
Your words make me smile. Never before did I think of a sandman as a musical instrument. I know the songs of the forests but I very much would like to learn more about the sound of sands – from you.
Well, I can tell you about the music that makes ME move... which in fact (and few will admit this, let alone towards people not from our race) is the way our bodies move at all, get their life...
The music that makes me move is softer than for most, it is rarely wild... it is melodious, and always in search for harmony, not in a way that it changes tune to something it encounters, but in searching for music that goes well with it... like melodies interweaving, not like two instruments playing the same tune... and the sound you wake in me is even softer, and it indeed fits the melody of my deepest being remarkably well... a resemblance, a harmony as I have rarely encountered, let alone in so short a time...
A short time indeed, but important changes often happen within the blink of an eye.
Yet, it IS an experience to behold... and remember, for it is rare, and wonderful...
Beings strive for rare things because they make them feel special. You have the same effect on me.
Thank you indeed for these words, for they make me feel even more in tune with a soul different from the ones I met before... I hope this feeling will last, and I yearn to learn more about as well as from you...
Never before did I think of sand the way I think of you, but now I feel a strange wish to learn more, to go to find the well hidden in the desert.
Well, I hope your quest bears fruit... for I expect to gain from hosting you on your search as well.
Be asured that the desert within me will do nothing to hide the well from you... but rather be proud to uncover every beauty it may have to your eyes!
A wise man your grandfather must have been...
Yes, he was, though I do not rembember him at all.
I feel the same... well, the kind of music that is inside me... and I have to admit taht I enjoy listening to this music, being part of it.
There exists more between heaven and earth, Horatio, than is dreamt of in one single philiosophy.
So, in ev´ry day we see, we learn... and be assured that just now I learn at least as much as you do!
Maybe I just AM different... after all, I am a fallen Angel!?
Actually, I think my age has a lot to do with it... i am probably older than the average Tarunian you have met so far...
Then have a quiet rest, may the soft music of sand and the whisper of the trees sing you to sleep and bring you sweet dreams.
I hope you find a giood night´s rest with beautiful dreams full of whispering trees and soft music, too..
and be assured that I look forward t talking with you again at least as much as you do... talking with you has in no time become part of me, it seems!
I feel very much the same
an unknown feeling, and yet not unfamiliar
And I sure hope to learn more about the fascinating dark fire in this world...
@---}----}----- Take this, in lieu of the real thing, as a sign from my heart to yours....
I will take it and keep it safe
As long as it finds a place in your heart, it seems, it will be safe and in beauty...
Is it a desert, only time will tell,
a landscape between heaven and hell.
Every ten thousand years or so,
the ice will come, the ice then will go.
In one place the ocean throws water across the land,
another place flowers beyond numbers to count grow.
In time, only a desert will tell,
the span between heaven and hell.
Sweet lady...
I find my thoughts drifting more and more often to surroundings I would never have thought of before... cool, green and brown, surrounding me with coolness in the day´s heat and warmth in the night´s shivering cold... and I hear the sound of my feet ruffling through last year´s green, and the whispering of this year´s, and it´s almost as if I can understand the noise, hear the music inherent...
Thank you for your words, that greet and welcome me to this world... words that make my heart rejoice
So may thy sleep be guarded by my thoughts, and sweet thy dreams...
May the trees in the woods be thy guardians, and guard thee well indeed, for me days would be dreary without the music of thine songs...
I do apologize for not having let more birds fly to you with tidings of me. My dear ones needed me very badly tonight and I do stand up for friends in need.
If thou doest not stand up to your friends and family, thou wouldst not be thou, and thine music would not be so sweet to my soul, so I gladly stand back, hoping to hear thine voice, thine music, anew soon... while I listen to the slowly kindling notes thine words did start in me...
Encouraging do your words sound in my ears and encouraging words is what I need in this hour of great despair. Hushed is the whisper of trees and my fire is but a pale flame. But hearing from you does enlighten my fire.
Can I do anything else to kindle your fire? sometimes, the warmth we loose is restored when we just talk...
My mind needs rest to sort the tangled thoughts. But maybe at a later time I will gladly accept your offer knowing it will ease my mind.
I shall not insist further... as long as thou knowst that there is a person, be it only made of sand, who will always have an ear for thee!
I beg your pardon when I ask again on a matter that seems painful to you... but is your sorrow of this world, or of another one?
I do appreciate your warm words. It is of this world but I fear it does affect me even in other spheres.
Hmmmmmm I wondered... but I found out for myself, that it is best to keep the sorrow of each world within that world... because mingling worlds does cause sorrow and pain all in itself...
And again you speak true words and though I know they are right it is sometimes difficult to keep them apart. But no longer will I grieve but let my flame recover.
I do sincerely hope that you find rest and new flames soon... if I can be of any halp, you know how to adress me here, and maybe we meet in the other spheres, too...
You already are of help to me, more than you might know. The darkness brightens a little more with each tiding of you. Fire that is closest kept burns most of all.
No tidings of you when I woke up and though I did not want to admit even to myself I felt a shadow creep up in the distant forest.
The world is like a rose. Smell it and pass it on to your friends.
I am flooded in your words... and it feels like the wave of an ocean, rolling up a soft, sandy beach, filling it with tender coolness on a day too hot to enjoy... and I thank you for each of them, and the music they bring into my heart.
Without music life would be a mistake because music is what feelings sound like. Every note I can make softly sound in your heart feels like a long-awaited raindrop bringing life to a barren wasteland.
I get on, and I seem to miss part of my life, the music that rings inside of me when I see your words...
Sweetest are the tidings that we long for most – as I do with yours
I get on, and I seem to miss part of my life, the music that rings inside of me when I see your words...
How fast we get used to things that make our heart laugh and sing, to beauty and light. Only it bears the danger of getting used to it too much and to lose the eye for beauty.
WOW you see me... speechless, what is a miracle all by itself...
Sleep well, sweet Lady, and be sure that my thoughts are with thee... more than thou probably thinkest...
When I lay down to sleep on the glade the trees hum a soft melody for me and I imagine hearing in their song the soft swinging of sand.
So I was right when I felt the soft vibrations of sand around me….
And my heart didn´t betray me when it rejoiced over the message I found...
No, it did not betray you and neither would I
Lady, I trust thee WAY more than I trust my feelings...
Sleep well, o Lady Lar...
May peaceful dreams make you smile tonight
Relationships – of all kinds – are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.
Right you are... but it is so easy, it seems, to grab anything you see, claim it to be yours... and then wonder if what you thought was yours tells you it likes you, but doesn´t love you.
Then, what do you do if you´re the person that does the liking - it feels good to be together, but you KNOW, you just know inside your heart, that there is a person you LIKE... but no love... no music... :´(
Very sad do your words sound in my ears.
Tonight, I was thinking about life, and I was thinking about death, and both were the same thoughts for one is void without the other.
Death is nothing but another beginning but where will the journey end?
That´s not ours to know, I think... for me, the travel is the destination... discovering things along the way, and passing on what we found... and if we´re happy, we find someone to walk with us for a while, and the happiest things of all is when we find someone whom we can show what we found... and seeing the miracle in that person´s eye, we feel the miracle ourselves again...
Right you are, I am sad tonight... because I had to tell someone who thinks she feels love for me that, tough I care a lot for her, there is no love inside me of that kind... and it hurt me that I had to hurt her...
I am very sorry to hear this.
Giving love is an eminent part of most beings and not being able to return true love we receive makes our hearts grieve, and the hurt we do to other beings hurts ourselves as well.
I wish I could send you warm embrace and smooth your pain and the other person’s pain too for it weighs my heart to know that others suffer.
I thank you for your sympathy, for it feels like a smooth bandage laying over an open wound...
You are right, even the saying of No is painful, if you like that person deep inside... and like her deeply... but not hurting today only means more pain tomorrow, and I think that is a lesson I learned - even if it astonishes me deeply...
Some things hurt us badly in the first moment but giving it a second thought and some distance we recognise that we are, on the long run, more comfortable to know the truth right away. And, if we are given time to get used to this truth is more comfortable than to go on living with a lie that one day will turn our world upside down and affect as more than any truths ever could.
That´s what I thought... and what I found to be true, because I just went through the aftermaths of living a lie... and, after all the pain that was part of that process, found that it had been a cleansing fire I had to go through... even if it took me away from the persons I love th emost in this world...
Sometimes we must get away from the ones we love to allow ourselves a proper look again on our one life from a distance. Sometimes, we must climb a hill to see over the mist to discern what lies beneath. Sometimes, closing our eyes helps us to see more clearly.
Well if we must do this, then this force is expensive, indeed, because the only way I saw to keep the two that are my life in my heart and me in theirs was to leave them... to miss so much of them, things that I will never see or hear, kisses I will never get and never be able to give...
Grieve weighs my heart reading your words.
What we love most is what we miss, and what we miss most is what we love.
And yet – this soft pain of missing what we love will grow and grow and fill us up until there is no love but only missing and suddenly it will turn into sobbing hurt. So we must learn to accept some things we cannot change and sometimes we must hold back with our own needs for the sake of others. But we must never give ourselves up.
I will never give up... and I have time with them, but it´s the \"normalities\" I miss... the normalities that are taken from me, to save the little things I strive to keep...
The moment we give up is the last moment of our life, and often it is the normalities that make us keep going on. Being bereft of them makes us struggle, but we must find the path again, our path.
Forgive me if my thoughts are dark tonight. Sometimes I cannot help.
I find myself babbling... I hope you do not hesitate to tell me when I begin to bore you. Funny, I didn´t even have anything alcoholic... is it your presence that loosens my tongue?
*smiles softly* and I, for my part, had a glass of wine too much I fear – I apologize. But this conversation with you eases my mind.
Do not grieve, sweet lady, I beg... you ARE helpful, more than you may know... looks like my sorrow needs a valve once more. I´m sorry to abuse you as this...
Abuse? I do not feel abused, on the contrary. You help my sorting my thoughts and get a straight look on life again
So I thank you for your wine, and for your patience... and am happy to be able to raise your feelings, be it yet so little...
A little? You underestimate yourself.
Then I boast before myself that I could raise your feelings as you did with mine... And I wonder how much power my feelings give you...
They are the moon in a starless night and the well in the endless desert.
*smile* you make me wonder... courious...
Curiosity is the engine that drives us forth, makes us discover new things and sometimes – sometimes it even makes us smile…
Again I have to call you a speaker of true words... curiosity is Life...
Yes, curiosity is life – and yet life is so much more than just curiosity.
Isn´t the multitude of Life something that should (and actually DOES, even few admit it) make us wonder, and admire each day?
Actually, I fear this demand, because I feel deep inside me that I will not be able to deny it to him... so dependend I have become upon your words...
Dependence is a strong word and puts a heavy burden on both involved
I know... but I have to admit that fact, and be assured that I have born heavier loads than the thought of your words...
Heavier loads? I am sorry to hear that and I hope you found a way to lessen the weight - be assured that I would be of help gladly.
Forgive me the interruption... I meant to say that the burden of longing for your words is not the heaviest load I have born... and that the reward is worthy for a king, indeed...
oh - this turns the whole meaning upside down....I must admit that you confuse me
I beg your forgiveness for that crime...
I do not see it as a crime. It rather makes me wonder why
Hmmmm... sometimes confusion is a good feeling, indeed... how do YOU feel about this confusion?
I have not yet made up my mind what to think about it, to be honest. Every time I try the thoughts start twisting and turning and there is no way to sort them out
I found for myself that I usually find out if it is good or bad if I just lean back and accept what happens to me... and usually the result is "good"... so I hope that you will come to the same conclusion...
I learned long ago to trust myself and my instincts - sometimes more than my ratio
The eye seemed fitting, for you see things that are not obvious... may the bird´s eye help you keep this vision...
*smiles softly* we do not need good sight to see beyond - only the good will to do so. but still I thank you
No, the will is much more important than the eye... but still, the eye is the symbol for seeing, so...
yes - the all-seeing eye. but...*hesitates* what about the rose?
Well, the red one seemed inappropriate... but much more fitting yet than the only other one to be achieved in this world, so...
as far as I know there are three roses available in this world
The red one, the white one, and... the sand rose?
though I still wonder what use this sand rose might bring
Well, you have almost eleven times my experience, so... but I think the sand rose is merely a relic of an idea that once came into someone´s mind....
Maybe it is an item of which only the sand people know the secret?
*laughs* Well, if they do... they forgot to tell me...
Maybe one day you'll find out and then please - let me know. I am very curious I must admit
I know... and be assured that I will gladly share that secret with you... like a lot of others... you make telling secrets an easy thing...
Telling secrets....it alwayas depends who tells what to whom. I do not want you to betray others
I do not betray others, or at least I try hard not to... but you make revealing myself easier than usual...
I hope you do not find myself rude when I say that i will retire... my day started yesterday well before five in the morning...
of course not. I would not want to keep you off from well deserved sleep. Then sleep well, Sandangel. may the trees sing you to sleep
So I say Thanks for a wonderful evening... in whichs upcoming you had no little part... and may the desert winds blow softly over your bed, sweet lady... and guard you from all evil!
You brightend up my evening that startet so dark - I want to thank you
So it seems we were good for each other... which is about the best thing that can be said about the interaction of two people...
*nods slowly* yes, it seems....
I look forward n seeing you again... *bows for a last time*
so do
Have a gentle night... and be forgiving if I call you to share my dreams...
Many lines were exchanged between us but not all were recorded - at least not here. But they are still very present to me.


1 Comments:
What you see here is only a part of it...but you know this
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home